Monday, December 12, 2011

Pre-Salon Notes

Pre-Salon Notes

Self directed Learning: Brushing Your Teeth; This was my first blog ever and it was a real eye-opener for me. This post revealed to me how much is not learned formally. I have noticed a definite improvement of my blogging over the semester. My favorite is brushing your teeth. Blogging has taught me how to be informal yet educational at the same time.

Others' Blogging: Alyssa's post on tattooing was very interesting. She has a lot guts to do that. This post showed me how broad folk knowledge is. I never considered tattooing folk knowledge. There has been such a variety subjects that have been blogged. I have learned a ton.

Collaborative Learning: Preparing for the interviews with my group was very insightful. Planning and preparing for the interview was a fun yet kind of iffy experience. I didn't know my group very well so we had to go by feel how we interacted. The other projects also helped the group come together.

Projects/Activities: Learning and teaching folk knowledge gave me the insight on how much of it I pass on to other people like my siblings. The King Benjamin's speech showed how difficult it is to pull of such a large group effort. The Rosetta project was my favorite because of the of the tranlating and how my group bonded because of the difficulty of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment